Genesis City aims to provide the best service for our sellers, buyers, landlords and tenants. “Deliver excellent service” is our eternal promise to you.

We offer property selling and letting services for all customers. Areas we cover include Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds, and London.

Keeping close contact with every landlord, we provide personalised services and are clear about the whole picture. While most of the landlords are ignorant of various fees and charges they paid, Genesis City gives our landlords full control – the final decision is yours!

No matter if you are looking for a perfect home or you are a first-time home buyer, our professionals are more than happy to analyse the current property market trends in different regions for you to make the wisest decision.

Should I tell my mortgage company that I am letting my property?

Yes. If you did not purchase a property with a buy-to-let mortgage, you may need to consult your mortgage provider and check if it is eligible to let out. Since the mortgage clause varies from case to case, breach of mortgage clause may cause breach of contract and penalty.

What is a GSC (Gas Safety Certificate) and I need one as a landlord?

GSC (or Gas Safety Record) is a document that is provided to landlords following a successful gas safety check by a qualified gas engineer, who is on the Gas Safe register.

As a landlord, gas safety checks must be repeated each year on the appliances and flues (if available) in your property. Under UK law, you must ensure that the gas safety certificate is valid i.e. within 12 months of the start of the lease.

What is an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) and I need one as a landlord?

EPC is a review of a property’s energy efficiency and carbon dioxide emissions. It provides an energy efficiency rating from A to G, where A is very efficient and G is the least efficient. An EPC is valid for 10 years. It is a legal requirement that all tenants must be provided with a copy of the property’s EPC upon move-in. As a landlord, you may carry out the Energy Assessment Survey at your property on your own, or contact us for support.

What is DPS (Deposit Protection Scheme)?

Tenancy deposit protection was introduced as part of the Housing Act 2004. Once the landlords and letting agents have received a deposit, they have to put it in a government-approved Tenancy Deposit Protection (TDP) scheme. If you have selected Genesis City to manage your property, we will ensure that your tenant’s deposit is registered with our DPS (Deposit Protection Service) TDP scheme.

How does Genesis City estimate the rental value of my property?

Our rental experts will conduct a comprehensive assessment and evaluation through comparisons between your property and decoration with similar properties under current market conditions. We will estimate and give recommendations on how to get the best monthly rental income for you.

Do I have to pay Capital Gains Tax (CGT)?

Yes. You are required to pay CGT on gains you make on property and land in the UK even if you are non-resident for tax purposes.

Do I need a property survey?

Homebuyers generally arrange to have a house survey done after their offer has been accepted by the seller. Surveyors will inspect the parts and conditions of water, electricity, gas, damp, cracks, roofs and timbers. Mortgage provider of your buyer will conduct a mortgage valuation to confirm the value of the property.

What is Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)? Do I have to pay?

SDLT is a progressive tax paid when purchasing a property. It is paid by everyone purchasing a property in England and Northern Ireland, including overseas buyers, and it is always the home buyer who pays, not the seller.

What does “exchange of contracts” mean?

It is the point at which the buyer and seller are both legally bound to complete the transaction. On exchange of contracts the completion day is fixed.

When to sign the contracts?

The buyer’s solicitor will provide a series of legal documents to sign, including identical contracts which will be signed by both the buyer and the solicitor. These will then be sent by recorded delivery to each other’s solicitor or conveyancer. If a mortgage is needed, a mortgage valuation report is generally commissioned by the buyer or the buyer’s mortgage provider, prior to exchange of contracts to purchase a property.

When to exchange the contracts?

On average exchange of contracts for a property purchase in the UK takes 6-8 weeks. And is usually within 2 weeks before completion.